The “Trauma-Informed Training for Youth” Online Course is designed for individuals who want to understand the therapeutic applications of yoga for youth considered “at-risk.” Over the course of 8 weeks, you will dive into the physiological framework of trauma, how it manifests in the mind and body, and how to identify and address symptoms of trauma, including anxiety, depression, behavioral issues, relationship stress, and health issues. Our goal is to equip you with the confidence and skills to work with youth who have experienced trauma and offer them tools to feel safe, empowered, and self-regulated. You will graduate from this training with the understanding and confidence to teach yoga to youth in a trauma-informed way.
How It Works
Flexible course structure to meet your schedule demands.
- This course takes place over eight weeks.
- Each week includes 2-4 hours of course material (module) for a total running time of 32 hours.
- Modules include video lectures, live check ins, interactive exercises, downloadable lesson plans, reflection questions, quizzes, and key teaching points.
In a new, self-paced format, this training allows you to learn at your own pace and repeat lectures and practices as often as you’d like! Click here to view the syllabus or download an information packet to learn more about this training.
Resources to support you.
- 250-page color manual that covers the following topics*: Yoga Ed. teaching philosophy, positive classroom management, the science of trauma, symptoms of trauma in the classroom, mind-body resources, cultural humility, lesson planning, breathing, yoga poses, relaxation, and a resource guide
- Live weekly webinars on Monday evenings with your Trainer to dive into the weekly material together and answer any questions you might have
- Lifetime access to course workshops, including video lectures and assignments for each week’s lecture topic
Meet Your Trainer, Chelsea
Chelsea Hylton is the Founder of Project Peaceful Warriors, an organization bringing trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness to both students and educators. Chelsea has been passionately serving students and schools through yoga and mindfulness since 2009, starting in South Carolina, where she received her B.S. in Physical Education at the College of Charleston. Chelsea began her work in New Orleans Charter Schools in the fall of 2013, and aims to empower schools and communities with the tools of yoga and mindfulness so students can grow academically and as impactful members of their community.
What students are saying…
Block off your calendar.
Session Dates: April 3 – May 28, 2019
(PS: You’ll receive instant access to all self-paced coursework as soon as you enroll)
It says it is self-paced, but there are dates. Why?
We offer weekly check-ins on Mondays 5pm PST to share thoughts, answer any questions you may have, and connect you with your cohort of yoga educators.
What if I miss the weekly check-ins? Will I miss the bulk of this course?
No; one of the best parts about this course is that its designed for you to go-at-your-own-pace :) All of the calls will be recorded so that you can listen in as your schedule allows.
What do I have to do in order to get a certificate of completion?
Simply watch course videos, score an 80% or higher on all corresponding quizzes, and complete your final teaching project. All coursework must be completed and submitted by two weeks after the end date of the course. Your certificate of completion will be mailed to you one month after the end date of the course.
Does this qualify for CEU’s?
Yes, this course qualifies for 32 hours continuing education units with the Yoga Alliance. Also, feel free to check with you local school or district to see if they will accept course credits.
Are group discounts available?
Yes! We offer a 10% discount for groups of four or more. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code.
Do you accept purchase orders from schools?
Yes! Email us at email@example.com so that we can support you. Please note that all POs must be received at least 1 week prior to the course start date.