What You’ll Learn
Understand how learning happens and how yoga can be used to support the learning process.
This workshop equips you with a basic understanding of brain-based learning. You will gain evidence-based strategies to effectively boost student engagement and learning.
Focus: Ages 3 to 12 / Grades Pre-K to 5th
Topics Covered: The Brain (Structures, function, and childhood differences); Neuroscientific Principles (Integration, neuroplasticity); Yoga Tools for Brain Based Learning (Movement, play, stress reduction, emotional regulation, and prosocial activities)
Upon completion of this course, participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
None. Anyone who is interested in learning about this topic is welcome to take this course.
Upon registration for this training, you will receive:
- Two sections of video lectures ~1 hour in total, with optional quiz questions to test your understanding
- Yoga Ed. Brain-Based Learning Manual, complete with illustrations and an overview of all topics covered
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how the child’s brain develops and what this means for learning
- Integrate brain-based learning strategies into the classroom using yoga tools
- Increase student learning and engagement in any topic