Yoga Ed.’s Professional Institute 2: Building Blocks is designed for individuals who want to learn how to teach yoga to teens. Certified by the Yoga Alliance, our Professional Institute 2 focuses on the physical, mental, and emotional benefits yoga can provide for teenagers. This Institute will equip you with the principles and tools needed to set you and your teenager up for a lifetime of health and wellness.
The Professional Institute 2 is for individuals who want to:
- Improve the health and wellness of the teenagers in their lives
- Better connect to their teens through the practice of yoga
- Learn how to encourage the best in their teens
- Make a lasting difference in the lives of youth in their community
What You’ll Learn
Refine yoga classes for teens.
PI 2 equips you with the basic principles and tools needed to effectively teach yoga to teenagers. Although designed for academic environment, our curriculum is easily adapted for use in a variety of settings, including yoga studios, at home, and in healthcare settings. You will study the internal and external changes in teenagers, and how changes can alter the teens’ yoga experience. Emphasis is placed on learning how to read and relate to teens through understanding adolescent development, anatomy, physiology, and learning domains. From this transformational training, you will emerge with the ability to effectively shift teaching practices to connect with teens.
Focus: Ages 13 to 18 / Grades 6th to 12th
Course structure and objectives.
Professional Institute 2 is a four-day program led by a Yoga Ed. Trainer. Each day is 8 hours for a total of 32 hours.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand adolescents’ physical, mental, emotional, and social development
- Teach yoga from a lens of social emotional learning and brain based learning
- Know the benefits of yoga for adolescents
- Embody the Yoga Ed. teaching philosophies
- Design and develop yoga lesson plans appropriate to the age group you are teaching
- Create yoga classes to fulfill the National Physical Education and Health Standards
- Effectively utilize yoga tools to meet your teen’s needs
- Teach yoga to adolescents 6th grade through 12th grade
View Our Syllabus
CEU + Standards
Professional Institute 2 is certified by the Yoga Alliance and meets National Standards for P.E. Upon completion of PI2, participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the Yoga Alliance, Child Life Council, and select school districts.
No prior background or previous experience is required for our training — only a passion for yoga, education, and the health and wellness of teens!
To keep the world green for our children, we deliver our course materials digitally. Upon registration for this training, you will receive:
- A digital copy of our course introduction packet
- A 400 page curriculum with full color pictures
- 48 pre-made lesson plans for teens
What You’ll Gain
Discover what our Institute will do for you.
Whether you’re a classroom teacher, a P.E. or wellness teacher, a counselor, an administrator, or a homeschooler, Professional Institute 2 will help you to:
- Improve student behavior and classroom management with dynamic teaching techniques
- Empower students to self-regulate before class or test-taking situations with yoga breathing and relaxation
- Boost students’ health and wellness while meeting National PE standards with fun, educational yoga classes
For yoga instructors and studio owners, Professional Institute 2 will help you to:
- Expand your reach with yoga classes for teens in school districts and afterschool programs
- Share the many life skills yoga has to offer through fun, playful yoga lessons
- Discover lifelong learning through yoga education
- Join the movement towards a happier, healthier future for our youth
Parents and guardians taking Professional Institute 2 will learn to:
- Help your teens stay healthy, active, and balanced in the midst of school, extracurriculars, and friends
- Empower your teenagers to calm down and self-regulate with yoga tools when things don’t go as expected
- Plant the seeds for your teenager’s lifelong health and wellness
Health Care Professionals
For pediatric health care professionals such as nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, child life specialists, and social workers, Professional Institute 2 will help you to:
- Improve patient flexibility and muscle strength through safe and developmentally-appropriate yoga poses
- Empower your patients to self-regulate through yoga breathing and relaxation, reducing anxiety, promoting sleep quality, and improving perceived quality of life
- Apply dynamic teaching techniques to improve patient-provider communication and increase family engagement in patient care
Youth-serving nonprofit organizations can take Professional Institute 2 in order to:
- Foster better communication and relationships with the teenagers you serve through a comprehensive understanding of their physical, mental, emotional, and social development
- Empower the teenagers you serve to self-regulate with yoga breathing and relaxation, so that they can make healthier decisions to succeed in school and in life
- Enhance your efforts towards a happier, healthier future for our youth