What You’ll Learn
Reduce stress & get focused with 5-15 minute chair yoga brain breaks.
This workshop equips you chair yoga tools to help children and teens shift into learning-ready states. You will learn and practice yoga tools to reduce stress, increase focus, and boost academic performance.
Focus: Ages 3 to 18 / Grades Pre-K to 12th
Upon completion of this course, participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
None. Anyone who is interested in learning about this topic is welcome to take this course.
Upon registration for this training, you will receive:
- 24 pre-made 5 – 10 minute chair yoga sequences that you can use in your own classroom or wherever learning may take place for you
- 9 sections of video lectures ~2 hour in total, with optional quiz questions to test your understanding
- Yoga Ed. Tools for Teachers Mini Manual, complete with illustrations and step-by-step instructions
By the end of this course you will learn:
- How to successfully shift yourself and your students into learning-ready states at any point in the school day
- How to seamlessly shift between activities and tasks
- How to offer chair yoga sequences as brain breaks to reduce stress, increase focus, and boost learning
- 3 breathing exercises, 10 yoga poses, 3 games and 3 relaxation activities with clear step-by-step instructions on how, when, and why to use them in your day