The evidence is in. For every $1 invested in social and emotional learning programs, there’s a $11 return in its benefits: increases in academic achievement and reductions in child aggression, delinquency, depression, anxiety, and violence to name just a few.
And these are in measurable benefits alone.
Truth be told, this isn’t news; we’ve all been there. Can you still remember that one time in middle school when you were having a bad day and just lost it, saying something you can’t ever take back to your best friend? Does the regret still come up from deep inside of you?
What if you’d just taken the time to take a deep breath and tune in? Now, consider the difference if you were taught these life skills at 14 instead of 40.
When children learn social and emotional skills from an early age, the effects are powerful and far-reaching. Over the last 10 years, we’ve witnessed thousands of students worldwide learn how to understand emotions, feel empathy, and build positive relationships to last a lifetime… and we’re sharing what we’ve learned with you.
Led by Yoga Ed. CEO Brynne Caleda, this 1 hour workshop explores the importance of social emotional learning and offers simple, easy-to-use yoga tools to support these vital life skills.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this workshop…
- The 5 core competencies of Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Why yoga is a great tool to teach your kids how to handle everyday emotions like anger, disappointment, and anxiety, feel empathy for others, and build positive relationships to last a lifetime
- How to easily support SEL with simple, practical yoga tools for you and your children, even if you have no extra space, time, or equipment
- Real-life case studies of parents and educators using yoga tools to improve self-awareness, self-management, and social skills at home and in the classroom
- Plus, Q&A with Yoga Ed.’s CEO, Brynne Caleda, to answer all of your questions about supporting SEL with yoga tools
Watch the Workshop Now
**Prerecorded on April 14, 2016**
About Brynne Caleda, M.Ed, eRYT
Brynne Caleda is a leader in the field of yoga education. As CEO of Yoga Ed., Brynne champions the efficacy of innovative, evidence-based yoga programs for schools to establish lifelong foundations for student’s fitness, wellness, and productivity. Over the past decade, Brynne has worked closely with educators, health professionals, and parents to enrich school communities with yoga tools to more authentically and effectively teach to their students and children.