At the foundation of Yoga Ed. is our “Why,” the fundamental values that drive our mission forward, shape our beliefs, and are at the heart of all the work we do. So what do we believe?
- We believe that education should serve students and educators.
- We believe that students learn best through practice, reflection, and application, and that when students feel connected to school, they’re more likely to bring what they learn home, and beyond.
- We believe that teaching should be a dialogue between teachers and students, where respect, creativity, and compassion abound.
- We believe in teaching to the whole student, meeting their physical, social, emotional, mental, and cognitive needs, all according to their development.
That’s where our curriculum comes in. Our proprietary, evidence-based manuals are the foundation of all of our programs. They meet National P.E. and Health Standards while also being uniquely designed to address core needs of educators and their students. Whether you teach to children (Ages 3-12 / Grades Pre-K – 5) or adolescents (Ages 13-18 / Grades 6 – 12), the comprehensive, 350-page curricula will prepare you from the inside-out, diving deep into the philosophy and practice of further cultivating your own personal development before expanding to the development of your students and to teaching methodologies.
About the Curriculum
Our curriculum is designed to empower you with the confidence to create and teach 20-60 minute long yoga classes to children or teens that meet standards while improving student health and happiness. The curriculum is divided into two sections: the Teacher’s Guide (Yoga for You), and the Children’s or Adolescent’s Guide (Yoga for Your Students).
Yoga for You
Gain the knowledge necessary to teach to youth by understanding yoga-based behavior management techniques, anatomy and physiology, and brain based learning to inform your teaching, even before you walk into the classroom. Topics include:
- Yoga Ed. Teaching Philosophy and Personal Practice
- Classroom Management
- Children or Adolescent Development
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The Brain : Mental and Cognitive Development
- Developmental Milestones
Yoga for Your Students
Learn over 240 yoga-based activities, including breathing exercises, yoga poses, games, and relaxation techniques and how to modify each activity for the age you are teaching. Topics include:
- Lesson Planning
- Yoga Exercises with Step-By-Step Directions and Age- and Development-Based Adjustments, including:
- Yoga Poses
- Partner Poses
- Relaxation and Visualizations
With Yoga Ed.’s curriculum, you won’t just be teaching yoga. You’ll be teaching your students concrete life skills that they can take out of the classroom and into the world, long after they’ve rolled up their mat.
Not only will you be empowered to foster overall well-being for yourself and your students, but it will encourage a pivot in your school culture and community, to embrace health and wellness as a core facet of school success.
Explore Our Trainings
Our trainings are designed to give you the confidence to put our curriculum into motion and effectively teach yoga to your children and teens. Click here to learn more about our “Teaching Children’s Yoga” online course or our “Teaching Teen’s Yoga” online course.
Any questions? We’re here to help. Email us today at email@example.com.