Do the pressures of being a classroom teacher make you feel like the only thing you really love in your day are the yoga breaks you take?
Becoming a Yoga Educator would allow you to spread the benefits of yoga throughout your school, by teaching fellow educators how to bring yoga into their classrooms. We know that it can be really scary to leave something you have done for so long, but when you have the yoga bug, it’s hard to turn away from the buzz. To jumpstart your future working as a full-time Yoga Educator, keep these tips in mind:
1. Remember: It’s a Journey, not a Destination
Do you already envision your future as a successful Yoga Educator? While it’s normal to begin with the end in mind, all journeys need to start somewhere. Taking that first leap can be overwhelming, but remaining mindful to enjoy the journey, with all of its ups and downs, will ultimately make you all the more successful.
2. Don’t quit your job
Plan to phase out your teaching job as your yoga teaching takes off and you make the transition to being a Yoga Educator full-time. Remember that your teaching job is your most valuable resource, because you can use your current classroom as a laboratory to pilot your work.
3. Create a Future Forward Plan
- Visualize your life as a Yoga Educator in the next 6 months. What would you do if you could not fail? Write a list of goals.
- Organize your list in the order of how you feel you can complete the goals.
- Next to each goal, write what you need to do to achieve this goal. Remember to write the sentence in the present tense, include a “by when” date, and make it quantifiable, specific, affirmative, and concise.
You can make a living while making a difference doing what you love, and Yoga Ed. is here to facilitate your journey. As leaders in the field of Yoga Education, our experienced Faculty can help support you every step of the way. Join us for our next online training or Contact Us to learn more about our programs and how they can further your career.