Yoga Ed.’s Professional Institute 3: Expand Your Reach is designed for individuals who want to understand the therapeutic applications of yoga for youth considered “at-risk.” Certified by the Yoga Alliance, our Professional Institute 3 focuses on the physical, mental, and emotional benefits yoga can provide for teenagers who have experienced trauma. This Institute will equip you with the principles and tools needed to address and support symptoms of trauma for youth.
The Professional Institute 3 is for individuals who want to:
- Improve the health and wellness of the teenagers in their lives
- Better connect to their teens through the practice of yoga
- Learn how to encourage the best in their teens
- Make a lasting difference in the lives of youth in their community
What You’ll Learn
Understand the therapeutic applications of yoga for those considered “at-risk.”
Yoga Ed.’s Professional Institute 3 provides you with the tools and understanding necessary to work with those considered “at-risk” due to poverty, violence, marginalization, abuse, neglect and other factors. The majority of these individuals have had significant trauma in their lives, and this training focuses on understanding the physiology of trauma and how it manifests in the body and mind. You will learn to incorporate tools from somatic-based therapy practices into a yoga class to help address symptoms of trauma, such as dissociation, anxiety, chronic dysregulation, depression, and addiction. You will graduate from this training with the understanding and confidence to teach yoga in a trauma informed way.
Focus: Ages 13 to 18 / Grades 6th to 12th
Course structure and objectives.
Professional Institute 3 is a four-day program led by Kyra Haglujnd. Each day is 8 hours for a total of 32 hours.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend the physiology of trauma and how it manifests in the body and mind
- Understand the benefits of yoga for those who have been exposed to trauma
- Embody the Yoga Ed. teaching philosophies
- Design and develop yoga lesson plans appropriate to the age group you are teaching
- Create yoga classes to address and support symptoms of trauma
- Effectively utilize yoga tools to meet the needs of adolescents
- Teach yoga in a trauma-informed way to youth in grades 6 through 12
CEU + Standards
Professional Institute 3 is certified by the Yoga Alliance and meets National Standards for P.E. Upon completion of PI3, participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the Yoga Alliance, Child Life Council, and select school districts.
No prior background or previous experience is required for our training — only a passion for yoga and education, and a drive to support the health and wellness of youth considered to be at-risk.
To keep the world green for our children, we deliver our course materials digitally. Upon registration for this training, you will receive:
- A digital copy of our course introduction packet
- A 250 page curriculum with full color pictures
Limited scholarships available! Inquire with us today.
What You’ll Gain
Discover what our Institute will do for you.
Whether you’re a classroom teacher, a P.E. or wellness teacher, a counselor, an administrator, or a homeschooler, Professional Institute 3 will help you to:
- Adopt a trauma-informed lens when working with at-risk student populations, so that you can better address student behavior and classroom management with sensitivity, receptivity and compassion
- Empower at-risk students to cultivate a relationship with their emotions and impulses, so they can better self-regulate and build resilience
- Build resilience among at-risk students, for lifelong health, wellness, and success
For yoga instructors and studio owners, Professional Institute 3 will help you to:
- Expand your reach with yoga classes for at-risk teens in school districts, afterschool programs, and nonprofit work
- Share the many life skills yoga has to offer through engaging yoga lessons
- Discover lifelong learning through yoga education
- Join the movement towards a happier, healthier future for our youth
Parents and guardians taking Professional Institute 3 will learn to:
- Help teens who have experienced trauma to be stay healthy, active, and resilient in the midst of school, extracurriculars, and friends
- Empower your teen to cultivate a relationship with their emotions and impulses, so they can better self-regulate
- Plant the seeds for your teenager’s lifelong health, wellness, and success
Health Care Professionals
For pediatric health care professionals such as nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, child life specialists, and social workers, Professional Institute 3 will help you to:
- Integrate somatic-based therapy practices into patient care, through safe and developmentally-appropriate yoga tools
- Empower your patients to self-regulate through yoga breathing and relaxation, reducing anxiety, promoting sleep quality, and improving perceived quality of life
- Build resilience among at-risk patients, for lifelong health, wellness, and success
Youth-serving nonprofit organizations can take Professional Institute 3 in order to:
- Foster better communication and relationships with the at-risk teenagers you serve through a trauma-informed understanding of their physical, mental, emotional, and social development
- Empower the at-risk teenagers you serve to self-regulate with yoga breathing and relaxation, so that they can make healthier decisions to succeed in school and in life
- Enhance your efforts towards a happier, healthier future for our youth