What You’ll Learn
Create fun, engaging yoga sequences for children ages 3 to 12.
This workshop equips you with the knowledge and skills to create lesson plans for children’s yoga classes. You will learn and practice creating age-appropriate classes for children to practice yoga and learn life skills.
Focus: Ages 3 to 12 / Grades Pre-K to 5th
Upon completion of this course, participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
Recommended Background & Props
No experience required. Mat or towel recommended.
Upon registration for this training, you will receive:
- Five sections of video lectures ~2 hours in total, with optional quiz questions to test your understanding
- Yoga Ed. Lesson Planning for Children’s Yoga Classes Manual, complete with full-color illustrations and details of all exercises covered
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create fun and engaging lesson plans to meet the needs of the students you are working with
- Understand the benefits of yoga for children ages 3-12
- Design lesson plans to adhere to National Standards for Physical Education