Prior to continuing her learning journey with Yoga Ed., Joan had already earned her Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) credential through the Yoga Alliance, founded her own yoga studio, trained with Baron Baptiste, Judith Lasater and Beth Shaw, and completed numerous 200-hour trainings around the United States.
However, since Joan enrolled in Yoga Ed.’s Trainer Institute, she has been able to effectively expand the services offered at her studio while simultaneously increasing the studio’s profitability.
Since graduating as a Trainer from Yoga Ed. only one year ago, Joan has:
- Differentiated her 200-hour teacher training from other area studios by offering Yoga Ed.’s unique children’s and teen’s institutes as a 32-hour elective.
- Broadened her studio’s programming by hosting Hala Khouri for Professional Institute 3: A Trauma-Informed Training for Youth.
- Provided professional development credits to area elementary, middle and high school teachers who want to learn how to integrate yoga for children and teens into academic environments.
- Provided in-class training directly to children in area school districts.
- Written grants to incorporate yoga into classrooms and after-school programs.
- Trained parents how to use yoga at home to connect with their children.
And Joan isn’t stopping there.
As the resident expert in youth yoga in Upstate New York, she has been invited to present at the New York State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (NYSAHPERD) Conference. And, with the education and ongoing business support provided by Yoga Ed., Joan is continuing to pursue new opportunities at after-school programs, area non-profits and national speaking events.
Praise for Joan and Yoga Ed.
“One morning you did a yoga session with Ms. Drechsler’s first grade class. I had her group later that morning. Usually the students are very inattentive and we do not get a lot of work done. That day, after your yoga, the students were focused and calm. We got more reading work done then ever before! It was wonderful.” – Katie Rich, First Grade Teacher
“I was extremely lucky to participate in the PreK- Grade 5 Four Day Children’s Yoga Training with Joan at Inspire Yoga. I am an early education teacher and I was interested in becoming trained in children’s yoga to use with my students at school. The four full days were organized, interactive, and full of valuable information. Joan was knowledgeable and kind with a creative, personal spin on the curriculum from Yoga Ed. During the four days, I was able to build a bond with the other students taking the training, experience unexpected personal growth, and gain greater knowledge of yoga, especially for children. After the training, I felt confident not only to bring yoga to my students at school, but also to teach yoga at a studio. I was able to get a part-time job working as a children’s yoga instructor. I am thrilled to have been a part of this wonderful, life changing experience.” -Early Education Teacher